There may not be an official opening date set for the Silver Line, but there are plenty of updates to prepare you for your future commute! Here we break down the most recent news you need to know.
- Unlike all other Metro stations in the DC area, restrooms will be more accessible and visible at the new Silver Line stations. There will be 4 restrooms at each station with state of the art facilities. Read more here: On the hunt for the elusive Metro restroom
- July 28 opening day? Not likely. But safety drills continue and fingers are crossed for the Silver Line to begin running in August. Read more here: Much-delayed Silver Line behind schedule again; Metro worried about summer opening
- Fares & times have been announced for the Silver Line and you can easily calculate your cost and travel time here: Silver Line Service Information
- An enclosed bike room facility will open at the Wiehle-Reston station with a capacity for over 200 bicycles. It’s only $75 a year to become a member and you’ll be ready to bike, park & ride! Watch the video below to learn more:
- Not only is the Silver Line going to help ease traffic, but it is the start of a transformation of the Tysons area. Tysons is on its way to being the next Arlington by working towards becoming a collection of neighborhoods within walking distance to the Metro. Read more here: The Colossal Expectations of D.C.’s Newest Metro Line
Be sure to keep checking back with us for the latest and greatest news on the Silver Line! And don’t forget to watch our video tour that shows the stations surroundings and breaks down what each station offers!